Do you play sports, love social media, enjoy managing a highly motivated community, and find cutting-edge consumer technology exciting? If so, Blast Motion could be the perfect fit.
We’re seeking a full-time position for a well-organized Digital Marketing Content Manager to help plan Blast’s social media strategy, write content (social posts, blogs, emails, ad copy, etc.), manage projects such as graphic and video creation for social media, and report on the performance of the published content.
Day to day, you will work with our Community Manager to make sure they have the content they need to publish and meet our KPIs. You will work closely with our Director of Digital Marketing to assist with writing email and ad copy. Meanwhile, you will also be reporting on the performance of content, learning what resonates with our audience, and planning more engaging content.
This job requires someone who is a strong writer who can write a lot of copy for a variety of digital platforms. This new hire will also be a creative, proactive self-starter who truly enjoys managing the hands-on aspects of coordinating digital and social marketing activities, working with our customers, and helping Blast creatively position, market, and sell our products through social channels. Blast is based in Carlsbad, California, but the position is remote.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Social Media Content Planning and Executing: Responsible for planning the social media content strategy for all Blast Motion social channels. This includes writing posts to provide to our Social Media Coordinator to post.
- Email Marketing Content Planning: Plan and create all email marketing messages for Blast including the HTML build and automation within Pardot.
- Digital Advertising: Assist with digital advertising efforts including setting up new campaigns, creating longtail URLs, writing copy, and making content updates.
- Reporting: Responsible for all reporting related to social media and email marketing.
- Managing Internal Projects: Managing the assignment, follow-up, and timeliness of video and graphic assets within the Marketing team to ensure assets are delviered and/or posted according to campaign plan.
- Managing External Partners: Works with external partners to manage relationship, create strategy to highlight partnership/nurture growth, and deliver/receive necessary assets based on content strategy and partnership contract.
- Project Mangement: Work with internal and external customers to ensure assets and delivered according to schedule to make sure campaigns launch according to plan and schedule.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING / JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BS, BA, or English degree, or have a minimum of 3-5 years of equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in social media management, community management, content creation, and performance reporting.
- Excellent writer and proofreader for all digital mediums
- Experience overseeing creative projects from start to finish that includes multiple team members.
- Experience creating, managing, and reporting on email campaigns.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and strong understanding of major marketing channels.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with stellar communication skills, team management and time management skills.
- Avid sports enthusiast with a deep understanding of Baseball, Softball, and Golf, to ensure social media content is authentic, relevant, and interesting. The ideal candidate will play, or have played, multiple sports.
- Experience in the following a plus: Sprout Social, WordPress, Google Analytics, and Pardot
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of time by planes, trains, and automobiles.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT:
If you are interested in an available position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. Make sure to include the title of the job you’re applying for in the subject line.