REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Marketing
Based in San Marcos, California, Blast Motion is defining the future of swing analysis and wearable motion capture technology. Blast’s patented swing analysis and wearable motion capture technology is designed to create a seamless user experience that’s portable, affordable, and easy to use. These innovations create an on-demand, personalized user experience that enhances the way people coach, recruit, train, analyze, and improve their game.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Do you love sports, digital marketing, lead generation, advertising, and consumer technology? If so, our current position at Blast Motion could be the perfect fit. We’re seeking a skilled and high energy Director of Digital Marketing & Lead Gen. This person will be responsible for driving brand awareness, generating leads for sales follow-up, online sales, and managing our social media team. This job requires a creative, proactive self-starter who truly enjoys the hands-on aspects of digital marketing, online sales, and marketing performance analysis, with a proven track record of success. This role will require sports industry domain experience and digital marketing expertise, with the marketing savvy to reach our target audience within existing sports verticals, social media team management, and a high degree of collaboration with the sales team and other business units.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Digital Marketing: Responsible for leading, implementing, and excuting the digital marketing strategy, including 3rd party system management, online store management, Amazon marketing & digital content management, performance analysis, and reporting systems including (Google Analytics, SEO, social media analytics, or other advertising platforms / systems), marketing system integration / automation (NetSuite & Pardot / Hubspot) and overall KPI / performance reporting (CPM, CTR, CPC, Conversions, CPA, ROAS, ROI).
- Lead Gen: Responsible for indentifying lead sources, implemention, and excution of the lead generation / lead nurturing strategy, including marketing system integration / automation (NetSuite & Pardot / Hubspot) and KPI / performance reporting (CPL, Lead Quality, Conversions, ROI).
- Social Media: Responsible for leading the social media online marketing strategy and managing the social media team. This includes oversight of social media messaging / content, community & customer engagement / follow-up, mico influencers, ambassadors, etc.
- Growth Management: Responsible for managing continual lead gen, digital marketing, and social media growth by researching / audience identification, measuring / benchmarking, and analyzing the appropriate social data / metrics, insights, messaging, and best practices, then acting on the information to drive increased visibility, raise product awareness, improve sales conversions, and communications effectiveness.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with other departments (sales, customer service, product management, etc) and agencies (PR/MR, creative, video, etc.) to coordinate digital marketing, lead gen, and social media activities.
- Ability to define, articulate, and adapt key messages across a variety of media channels is required.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING / JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BS or BA degree in marketing or communications, or have 5-7 years of equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of lead generation, digital marketing, online sales generation, marketing performance reporting, and social media marketing channels and platforms.
- Avid sports enthusiast with a deep understanding of Baseball, Softball, and Golf to ensure social media content will create content seen as authentic, relevant, interesting, and actionable. The ideal candidate will have played / coached sports.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure / deliver on deadlines.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with other departments (customer service, sales, product mgt., etc) and agencies (PR/MR, creative, video, etc.) and coordinate social media activities for video projects.
- Job requires excellent consulting, writing, editing (images / video / text), presentation, and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of time by planes, trains, and automobiles.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Normal office conditions
- Position location: San Marcos, California (Blast Motion HQ)
If you are interested in an available position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Make sure to include the title of the job you’re applying for in the subject line.