REPORTS TO: Sports Activation Manager
Based in Carlsbad, California, Blast Motion is defining the future of swing analysis and wearable motion capture technology. Blast’s patented swing analysis and wearable motion capture technology is designed to create a seamless user experience that’s portable, affordable, and easy to use. These innovations create an on-demand, personalized user experience that enhances the way people capture, analyze, share and improve their game.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Summer Baseball is here which requires us to find a professional liaison located in Massachusetts to represent the Blast brand to consumers. Our expanding clients and partners are in need of manpower to oversee the implementation and expansion of our technology. This candidate needs to have individual drive and accountability while thriving in a team environment and demonstrating the thrill of assisting consumers and their love of sports.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Regional Sales Manager/Account Manager to secure, plan and execute regional events
- Work with Product Support to become a subject matter expert regarding the product and all of its components. This knowledge will be used in the field at events and assisting existing accounts.
- Solution expert to provide both on-site and remote troubleshooting and training.
- Interact with customers at various events, as well as coaches and players in existing partnerships
- Successfully drive revenue through strategic sales opportunities
- Foster and nurture partnerships for summer ball accounts
- Knowledgeable in seasonal campaigns and launch dates
- Cross training in other departments of the marketing team and sales team
- Provide photos and content to marketing team to post on social media & use for additional collateral
- Work with marketing team to create promotional material for events
- Manage and track all inventory and donation requests
- Provide detailed event recap reports
- Attendance and participation in all scheduled team calls
- Other records or documentation as assigned
- Assist and support sales and marketing in a variety of different capacities as needed by the demands of the department
- Recent college graduate or current grad student with a degree in recreation, sport management or related majors preferred
- Understand the game of baseball and its culture; playing or coaching experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to interact with diverse populations and age groups
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Transportation to sites in targeted region (reimbursement for mileage)
MUST BE AVAILABLE
Mid-May to mid-August with a flexible schedule to work selected weekdays, but primarily weeknights and weekend days. Exact schedule and game times vary by league. Expected 20-30 hours per week.
Upon passing a background check and acceptance, a requred training will be held May 1 – 11, 2018 at Blast Motion Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Remote Employee: Massachusetts
- Some physical abilities required to demo products, setup at at events, and transport product and activation assets.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel (reimbursement for mileage)