REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Strategic Events
POSITION LOCATION: Carlsbad, CA
Based in Carlsbad, California, Blast Motion is defining the future of swing analysis and wearable motion capture technology. Blast’s patented swing analysis and wearable motion capture technology is designed to create a seamless user experience that’s portable, affordable, and easy to use. These innovations create an on-demand, personalized user experience that enhances the way people capture, analyze, share and improve their game.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Summer Tournaments (Baseball, Softball & Golf) are quickly approaching which requires us to find a professional liaison located in Carlsbad, California to represent the Blast brand during the season. Our expanding clients and partners are in need of manpower to oversee the implementation and expansion of our technology. This candidate needs to have individual drive and accountability while thriving in a team environment and demonstrating the thrill of assisting consumers and their love of sports.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Regional Sales Manager/Account Manager to secure, plan and execute regional events
- Work with Product Support to become a subject matter expert regarding the product and all of its components. This knowledge will be used in the field at events and assisting existing accounts.
- Solution expert to provide both on-site and remote troubleshooting and training.
- Interact with customers at various events, as well as coaches and players in existing partnerships
- Successfully drive revenue through strategic sales opportunities
- Foster and nurture partnerships for summer ball accounts
- Knowledgeable in seasonal campaigns and launch dates
- Cross training in other departments of the marketing team and sales team
- Provide photos and content to marketing team to post on social media & use for additional collateral
- Work with marketing team to create promotional material for events
- Manage and track all inventory and donation requests
- Provide detailed event recap reports
- Attendance and participation in all scheduled team calls
- Other records or documentation as assigned
- Assist and support sales and marketing in a variety of different capacities as needed by the demands of the department
- Recent college graduate or current grad student with a degree in recreation, sport management or related majors preferred
- Understand the games of baseball, softball & golf and their repsptective cultures
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to interact with diverse populations and age groups
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Transportation to sites in targeted region (reimbursement for mileage)
MUST BE AVAILABLE
June to mid-August with a flexible schedule to primarily work weekdays, but select weeknights and weekend days. Exact schedule will be discussed during the interview process. Expect 20-30 hours per week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Position Location: Carlsbad, CA
Some physical abilities required to demo products, setup at at events, and transport product and activation assets.
To serve as a Sports Activation Intern, San Diego County accommodations are required, even if said accommodations are temporary in nature. Interns must also provide their own mode of reliable transportation and the ability to travel. The Sports Activation Intern is a paid position.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Make sure to include the title of the job you’re applying for in the subject line.