DEPARTMENT: Product & Design Team
REPORTS TO: Director, Product Management
Based in Carlsbad, California, Blast Motion is an information company that provides motion analysis and performance insights. By intelligently combining the bio-mechanics of movement with sensor data, video capture technology, and cloud-based software services, we’ve redefined the way people train, analyze, and improve their game.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Blast Motion is looking for a dynamic Product Manager who will be responsible for defining product and solution strategies in the Sports markets within the Blast Motion product portfolio. This position will define new products and features that meet market needs, assist in establishing use cases and product requirements, and drive the execution and delivery of key Blast Motion products.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly motivated, strategically oriented leader with strong business acumen, knowledge in both the product and business environment, and experience in the consumer software spaces. Candidate must have experience developing mobile and/or SaaS products.
Our mission at Blast is to empower all athletes and coaches with meaningful performance information to enable them to improve and enjoy the game. The Blast platform consists of multiple product lines to create a seamless connected solution for customers. Blast incorporates smart sensor technology, a suite of connected mobile apps, cloud services and a web-based destination that aggregates all performance information.
The candidate must have a passion for sports and the pursuit for creating great consumer products that users care about. The Product Manager will be working on highly strategic products that will make an impact in the Sports industry. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history! Come join the fun.
Blast Motion: https://blastmotion.com
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define product and solution strategies, vision statements, and roadmaps that support corporate and portfolio strategies and objectives
- Collaborate with marketing, strategic partners, and key influencers to understand the needs of the market and define and prioritize use cases, features, and enhancements that address the needs of Blast Motion’s target customer segments and users to ensure market share and user adoption
- Work as part of the product release team to assist in the definition of cross-functional release plans and successfully deliver on them with high-quality product releases that meet their objectives
- Provide technical marketing input into outbound deliverables and support for outbound engagements with customers, channels, strategic partners, and key influencers
- Own assigned products and solutions from cradle-to-grave, including their profitability, market ramp, and adoption
- Provide business and market context and education to internal cross-functional teams
- Partner with Agile Program Managers to set the priority and ensure alignment between the business, markets and technology roadmap
- Engage with the development and release teams through continuous communications, demos, releases and sprint planning
- Participate in field testing and focus group activities to gather and synthesize feedback as an input back into the product definition, prioritization, planning, and messaging processes
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING / JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in product management in the consumer technology sector with experience in end user software and a proven history of being fully engaged throughout the entire product development and market ramp lifecycles, resulting in revenue generation and product profitability
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong technical foundation with experience in mobile app development and/or cloud development
- Experience in Agile development environments
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, decision making, and influence
- Experience with focus groups, usability, and user experience desired
- Strong commitment to quality, attention to detail, and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to define and prioritize product requirements and development efforts, ensuring business and strategic objectives are met throughout the product lifecycle
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally at all levels within internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated analytical skills to enable factual decisions and ongoing study of market and competitive landscapes
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customer and industry presentation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, and/or technical discipline preferred
- Technical background is a big bonus
- Preferably 3-5 years personal experience with individual and/or team sports
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Normal office conditions
- Based in Blast Motion HQ in Carlsbad, CA
- Up to 10% travel
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Make sure to include the title of the job you’re applying for in the subject line.