REPORTS TO: Channel Manager, Softball
Based in Carlsbad, California, Blast Motion is defining the future of swing analysis and wearable motion capture technology. Blast’s patented swing analysis and wearable motion capture technology is designed to create a seamless user experience that’s portable, affordable, and easy to use. These innovations create an on-demand, personalized user experience that enhances the way people capture, analyze, share and improve their game.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
We are looking for a talented and competitive Regional Sales Manager that thrives in a fast paced sales environment selling cutting edge technology to elite sports organizations. The successful candidate will drive customer acquisition and revenue generation by identifying, securing, activating and extending business relationships with regional partners. Potential partners range from training facilities, team programs, tournaments and camps, to organizations of national scope. The candidate must be comfortable selling over the phone and meeting with customers face to face. The candidate must have the ability to work with assigned accounts, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
The ideal candidate will work in conjunction with the sales team to assist in follow up communication. The ability to skillfully articulate Blast Motion’s value proposition and new thinking in technology to both businesses and technical users will define your success in this role. We have an incredible corporate culture and are looking for hard workers willing to put in the extra time and effort while being part of a fun and rewarding team environment.
- Face to the Customer – Become the lead sales representative of Blast Motion to defined accounts within Blast’s Softball Channel and its customers/prospects and their key management personnel, including a specific emphasis on prospecting, customer acquisition, customer onboarding and sell through.
- Consultative Selling and Relationship Building – Responsible to establish and build relationships with both decision makers and influencers at all levels. Consultative selling approach necessary to seek new inorganic growth opportunities.
- Strategy – In collaboration with the Softball Channel Manager, as well as Blast HQ in Carlsbad, CA, support any strategic approaches necessary for the increase of sales penetration of Blast Motion products in assigned key accounts.
- Customer Satisfaction – Ensure Blast Motion meets all customer requirements and expectations in a prompt, professional, and ethical manner.
- Travel – Primarily focused on outside sales. Requires consistent travel within assigned region and physical locations. Requires attendance and support at major industry trade shows and events TBD.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute against a formal operating plan, and aggresively prospect, evaluate and identify revenue opportunities
- Plan, implement, and track daily/weekly/monthly sales activities with decision makers and influencers
- Develop and sell customized partnership programs tailored to client objectives
- Work closely with Product Management to understand the company’s Softball roadmap and vision
- Work with marketing department in delivering strong authentic message to current customer base
- Utilize Netsuite as primary sales CRM data base
- Work alongside sales team and Softball Channel Manager to build pipeline and close deals
- Qualifying, building and owning a predictable sales pipeline, including regular sales forecasting
- Aggressively pursue and close new business by building trust, loyalty and solid long-term relationships with key decision-makers
- Coordinate all aspects of the sale from start to finish, including price and contract negotiations
- Create and conduct customer presentations and proposals
- Achieve at a minimum monthly, quarterly and annual booking quota’s as outlined by management
- Develop and maintain knowledge of competition and industry trends
- Responsible for the acquisition, maintenance, and servicing of all new and renewal accounts.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING / JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience and/or knowledge of B2B/B2C software sales experience, preferably including SaaS/Cloud products and services
- 3-5+ years of proven sales experience in a technology driven environment
- Strong knowledge of the sales process. Proactively moving the sale from start to finish
- Knowledge and/or participation in related markets, preferably contacts within sport academies, ranging from youth to professional
- Experience and familiarity of Blast Motion products and line of business a plus
- B.S. in Business or related field is strongly preferred
- Must be an entrepreneurial team oriented person that thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced sales environment, achieving personal and business goals
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail and accountability to deadlines
- Strong phone presence and experience
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Remote Employee: Prefer candidate to be located within Eastern USA
- Some physical abilities required to demo products
- Ability to Travel 30%+