REPORTS TO: Sr. Online Marketing Manager
Based in Carlsbad, California, Blast Motion is an information company that provides motion analysis and performance insights. By intelligently combining the bio-mechanics of movement with sensor data, video capture technology, and cloud-based software services, we’ve redefined the way people train, analyze, and improve their game.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Do you play sports, love social media, enjoy managing a highly motivated community, and find cutting-edge consumer technology exciting? If so, Blast Motion could be the perfect fit. We’re seeking a ful-time position for a well-organized Social Media & Community Manager to handle Blast Motion’s social media from start to finish including content creation, community management, and reporting. This role will also handle email, blog articles, newsletters, and sports related content creation for Blast Motion and its partners. This job requires a creative, proactive self-starter who truly enjoys managing the hands-on aspects of coordinating digital and social marketing activities, working with our customers, and helping Blast creatively position, market, and sell our products through social channels. This position is located at the Blast Motion corporate office in Carlsbad, CA.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Social Media Management:Responsible for creating and publishing all social media posts for Blast Motion social properties. This includes managing off hours social media requests. (ex: during big sales or sporting events.)
- Community Management: Responsible for building and managing Blast Motion’s social media communities, including monitoring and responding to all incoming messages in a timely manner.
- Content Creation: Responsible for helping drive creative social, community, and customer communications. This includes writing and formatting marketing emails, newsletters, blog articles, and managing related social and email campaigns.
- Project Management: Maintain marketing and social media calendars – help monitor / manage project timelines.
- Communications: Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with other departments and marketing agencies to help coordinate and manage marketing projects.
- Performance Reporting: Responsible for reporting on Blast Motion’s social media, community, and customer campaign performance.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING / JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BS, BA, or English degree, or have a minimum of 3-5 years of equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in social media management, community management, content creation, and performance reporting.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Experience overseeing creative projects from start to finish that includes multiple team members.
- Experience creating, managing, and reporting on email campaigns.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with stellar communication skills, team management and time management skills.
- Avid sports enthusiast with a deep understanding of Baseball, Softball, and Golf, to ensure social media content is authentic, relevant, and interesting. The ideal candidate will play, or have played, multiple sports.
- Experience in the following a plus: MailChimp, Sprout Social, WordPress, Google Analytics, and Pardot
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of time by planes, trains, and automobiles.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Make sure to include the title of the job you’re applying for in the subject line.