DEPARTMENT: Portfolio Team
REPORTS TO: VP, Product & Portfolio Management
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Blast Motion is looking for a dynamic Sr. Product Manager who will be responsible for defining product and solution strategies in the Sports markets within the Blast Motion product portfolio. This position will define new innovative products and features that meet market needs, assist in establishing use cases and product requirements, and drive the execution and delivery of key Blast Motion products.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly motivated, strategically oriented leader with strong business acumen, knowledge in both the product and business environment, and experience in the consumer software spaces. Candidate must have experience developing mobile and/or SaaS products that function as part of a solution for end users and a proven track record of creating great consumer products that users want to adopt and engage with.
Our mission at Blast is to empower all athletes and coaches with meaningful performance information and insights to enable them to improve and enjoy the game. The Blast platform consists of multiple product lines to create a seamless connected solution for customers. Blast incorporates smart sensor technology, a suite of connected mobile apps, cloud services, and a web-based destination that aggregates all performance information.
The candidate must have a passion for sports and first-hand experience playing and/or coaching baseball or softball. The Sr. Product Manager will be working on highly strategic products that will make an impact in the Sports industry. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history! Come join the fun.
Blast Motion: https://blastmotion.com
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define product and solution strategies, vision statements, and roadmaps that support corporate and portfolio strategies and objectives
- Collaborate with marketing, strategic partners, key influencers, and customers to understand the needs of the market and define and prioritize use cases, features, and enhancements that address the needs of Blast Motion’s target customer segments and users to ensure market share growth, user adoption, and user retention
- Work as part of the product release team to assist in the definition of cross-functional release plans and successfully deliver on them with high-quality product releases that meet their objectives
- Provide technical marketing input into outbound deliverables and support for outbound engagements with customers, channels, strategic partners, and key influencers
- Own assigned products and solutions from cradle-to-grave, including their profitability, market ramp, and adoption
- Provide business and market context and education to internal cross-functional teams
- Partner with Agile Program Managers to set the priority and ensure alignment between the business, markets, and technology roadmap
- Engage with the development and release teams through continuous communications, demos, releases, and sprint planning
- Participate in field testing, user testing, and focus group activities to gather and synthesize feedback as an input back into the product definition, prioritization, planning, and messaging processes
- Create required deliverables in a timely manner throughout the solution lifecycle, including things such as PRDs, stories, design review feedback, sales training, etc.
- Partner with the UX/UI team to ensure solutions are loveable and easy-to-use and meet market and business needs
- Present engaging and persuasive product and release proposals and updates to the executive team, stakeholders, field ops, customers, and key influencers
- Complete market analysis, competitive analysis, and product usage and KPI analysis as needed to ensure informed, data-driven decisions
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING / JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in product management in the consumer technology sector with experience in end-user software and a proven history of being fully engaged throughout the entire product development and market ramp lifecycles, resulting in revenue generation, product profitability, and user retention
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong technical foundation
- Experience in Agile development environments
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, decision making, negotiation, and influence
- Experience with focus groups, usability, and user experience desired
- Strong commitment to quality, attention to detail, and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to define and prioritize product requirements and development efforts, ensuring business and strategic objectives are met throughout the product lifecycle
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally at all levels within internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated analytical skills to enable factual decisions and ongoing study of market and competitive landscapes
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience working with remote development teams
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including customer and industry presentation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, and/or technical discipline preferred
- 3-5 years personal experience playing and/or coaching baseball or softball
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Normal office conditions
- Position location: San Marcos, California (Blast Motion HQ)
- Up to 10% travel
If you are interested in an available position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Make sure to include the title of the job you’re applying for in the subject line.