DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: Manager, Quality Assurance
POSITION LOCATION: Carlsbad, CA
Based in Carlsbad, California, Blast Motion is defining the future of swing analysis and wearable motion capture technology. Blast’s patented technology is designed to create a seamless user experience that’s portable, affordable, and easy to use. Blast has redefined the way people recruit, train, analyze, and improve their game.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
As a Senior Software QA Engineer (Cloud), you must have strong background of cloud service domain, API testing, software testing (Cloud, Mobile, Web), and be able to develop detailed test plans and automated test scripts. This position will work closely with the QA and Development team to promote and ensure quality on new and existing products/features. This role requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to handle a variety of often high-pressure projects independently and as part of a project team. Being a proactive thinker, quick learner, and enjoy working in a fast-paced and challenging environment is a must.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the QA and Development team to improve scalability, testability, automation, and quality
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain Automated Test Scripts/Test Framework/Internal testing tools
- Create detailed and well-structured test plans, test strategy docs, and test cases for Cloud/API releases
- Develop, execute, and maintain Postman collections to assist with API testing and troubleshooting issues
- Work with Cloud development team to ensure proper test coverage against new feature requirements
- Work with Cloud development team on a variety of deployments in Dev, Staging, and Production environments
- Identify, document, and track defects/bugs in various stages of the project and collect all possible logs to help developers fix the issues efficiently
- Front-line for Production monitoring. Work with QA, Development, and Customer Support team to trouble-shoot failures and quickly find root cause and solutions
- Offer technical guidance and mentor to other QA Engineers
- Report weekly status on testing efforts to QA Manager
EDUCATION / TRAINING / JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- 4+ years of working experience in Software Quality Assurance/SDET/QA Automation, especially in Cloud Services, API testing, and/or backend domains
- Python and/or .NET experience. Other programming languages a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and execute test strategies for complex applications and deployments
- Experienced in testing RESTful web services, backend APIs, and JSON
- Experienced using API testing tools: Postman/SoapUI
- Experienced working on Performance and Stress/Load Tests. APM implementation experience.
- Knowledge of bug tracking, version control, and test management tools (Jira, SVN, Gitlab, TestRail)
- Experience writing SQL queries against Databases to verify data flow between multiple components and systems
- Experienced with CI/CD tooling on at least 2 different stacks. Gitlab experience a plus
- Experience with Terraform. Experience using Sentinel to test Terraformed infrastructure a plus.
- Experienced with software automation tools is a plus: iOS UI Automation, Selenium, Appium, Bitbar, and other testing tools
- Thorough understanding of QA processes and procedures, with an aim toward continuous improvement
- Prior experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development environment
- AWS Certification (Foundational or Associate level) is a plus
- Understanding of the Sports industry and Sensor/Wearable Technology is a plus
- Background check and reference checks required upon hire
- U.S. citizenship or Active Green Card required
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Location: Carlsbad, CA
- Normal office conditions
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Make sure to include the title of the job you’re applying for in the subject line.