Blast Connect Softball – Owner Profile
Quick Start Summary:
- Sign in
- Have owner add a new student to (team/academy’s name) and they will get notified via email to register for a Blast Connect account
- Pair charged sensor with Blast Softball App
- Secure sensor to bat using Blast attachment – Blast logo facing out
- Add bat in settings to improve metric accuracy or continue with quick start
- Receive instant feedback and automatically curated highlights with Smart Video Capture
- Swings without video, and even offline swings will still collect data
- Don’t have a Blast Softball Sensor? You can capture videos of your swing on any device!
- Link Blast Connect account to student’s Blast Sensor for complete Blast Softball functionality
- Blast Softball metrics are automatically updated in your Blast Connect profile
- Choose which videos to upload to Blast Connect from your Blast Softball app or other recording device
- Explore the unique features of Blast Connect:
- Analyze video with the ability to annotate directly on the screen
- Evaluate blast metrics and trends
- Examine workout and practice statistics
- Easily share information with your players, teammates and coaches
Congratulations on taking the first step to improving your game. To get started, head to the Blast Connect page: https://blastmotion.com/products/blastconnect/softball/ for individual users. If part of an Academy, a specific URL is created that will be emailed to the users. There are multiple ways to register your account: individual, player, coach, or Owner/Academy.
Individual: Select on ‘Get Started’ link. Register your account by typing in your First Name, Last Name, Email, Password, Confirmed Password and agree to terms of service. Select continue to proceed. Select a subscription plan and enter your card information. Select the subscribe button to Blast Connect to proceed. When completed, the following message will appear: “your Blast Connect account has been successfully created! Thank you for subscribing. Please login to continue.”
Player, Coach: Contact the owner to add a new student to the academy. Once added to the academy the user will receive activation email for the Blast Connect. Select the link from the email to register your account by typing in your First Name, Last Name, Email, Password, Confirmed Password and agree to terms of service. Select continue to proceed. Select a subscription plan and enter your card information. Select the subscribe button to blast connect to proceed. When completed, the following message will appear: “your Blast Connect account has been successfully created! Thank you for subscribing. Please login to continue.”
Self-Serve Coach/Academy: Users can now create a Coach or Academy profile with the self-serve options. Select on ‘Get Started,’ then select on Coach or Academy. Register your account by typing Academy Name, Sub Domain, and Logo. Finish the registration with owner information of First Name, Last Name, Email, Password, and Password Confirmation. Tap on the terms of service box, then select on “create account.” The next screen is the Payment Detail screen. Fill out the Cardholder Name, Card Number, CVC Security Code, and Expires to enable the “Subscribe to Blast Connect” button. Once completed, an “Account Successfully Created” message will appear and a button to “Continue to Dashboard” will be visible. Click on this button to complete the process.
Help: The footer Help link is a premiere online tool for understanding the Blast Connect. Blast Connect compiled the following information to help you quickly and easily use the site:
- Getting Started – The quick links on the page show support videos.
- Frequently Asked Questions – The most common questions answered.
- Contact Us – Short form to contact Customer Support with questions.
- Support Information: Customer Support number and support hours.
- Update your Profile. Providing your name and image will make communicating with your coaches a lot easier.
- Check out your library where you can upload videos, images and other files. Analyze > Library
- Test your skills on and see where you rank! Assess
- Follow the progress of your friends and fellow competitors.
After logging in to the Blast Connect, the Dashboard appears. Connect your Blast Motion Sensor by selecting on the ‘Get Started’ box in the top right side of the screen. Enter your Blast Motion Sensor App Information and you’ll be ready to view your Blast Motion App metrics. Enter your Blast Motion Sensor App Email, Blast Motion Sensor App Password, select ‘I agree to share my data with my coach’ and tap on ‘Connect to your Blast Motion Sensor App’. If you ‘Forget your blast motion app password’ select on hyperlink to go through password reset. To Locate your email on device: Tap settings > User tab > Email.
Once the user login information is processed, Your Blast Metrics appears (Analyze > Blast Motion).
The Dashboard is your timeline of activities. The Dashboard also provides links to navigate throughout the app. Tap on the world icon to get to the Dashboard page.
- Dashboard: Your activity home page on the Blast Connect.
- Analyze – Access to the library (and video analysis tool) as well as your Blast Metrics.
- Library – Stored videos and pictures.
- Statistics – Practice Stats, and Workout stats.
- Blast Metrics – Synced metrics data from sensor.
- Train – Setup of the Workouts and Practices.
- Workouts – A list of workout with descriptions. Ability to add new workouts and exercise.
- Practices – A list of drill with descriptions. Ability to add new drills and practices.
- Assess – A skills assessment.
- You may write on your timeline under Timeline. The activities of your academy members are also visible. Scrolling through Timeline also shows your completed activities on the Blast Connect. The most current activities are shown at the top of the page. All the information can be viewed from tapping on the next or previous button at the bottoms of the page. You can click on the links of the user to see their profiles. Tapping on the ‘High Five’ icon enables you to show that you like another member’s activity.
- Multiple tabs can be added in Academy edit page (Custom Newsfeed) for Academy page. Provides options to view blog info or documents from the Academy. Also add other Softball related newsfeeds.
- Workout Stats show the completed activities of the workout. The categories are broken into Equipment, Set, Reps, Weight, Temp, Rest, and Comments.
Profile Navigation Drawer
The Profile Navigation Drawer shows a list of options for the user. The profile navigations drawers shows the blast connect options. The feature options that are available are the following:
The editing of the academy gives the owner the options to update how the Blast connect page is used. The edit page is broken into three tabs: Academy, Members and Static Pages.
- Academy editing starts with general information from Academy Name, Academy Logo, Website, Phone, Address, City, Province/State, Country, Postal/Zip Code, Facebook, Twitter, and Map Coordinates.
- Wavier option requires all of your members to accept the below waiver before they can access your site. Tap on the box to turn on or off. If turned on you can write in the ‘Waiver text’ to communicate your message.
- Academy Customization provides personal touches to your page.
- Newsfeed on Dashboard can be turned on or off.
- Custom newsfeeds will also show on the Dashboard, as you type in the link you would like displayed.
- Library collections appear in the sidebar of the library for every user in your Academy. They filter by tag, and are great for giving your students/coaches quick access to commonly used groups of files.
- Menu Colors and aesthetic highlights are used on the menu. Leave blank to restore to default.
- Accent Colors and aesthetic highlights are used on the menu. Leave blank to restore to default.
- The default setting on Communicate Verb is ‘Communicate.’ You can change it here. Leave blank for ‘Communicate’.
- Dash Board Welcome copy is the welcome model window on the Dashboard. HTML allowed for formatting.
- Advanced settings and Configuration are for advanced configuration, and could potentially de-stabilize the site.
- At the bottom right of all the tabs is the red ‘Edit Academy Name’ box. Selecting on this box will update all changes made.
- Members provides different list of members from Students, Parents, Coaches, and Owners. All groups include the user First Name, Last Name, Email, and Status. The member information has a hyperlink that links to their profile. Tapping on the user status will change it from active to deactivate. For the student profiles, ‘Parents’ and ‘Coaches’ boxes provide links to corresponding information.
- Static Pages are additional pages of content for your academy. They only contain static content, and are ideal for sharing resources with your network. Tap on the ‘Add Static Page’ box to add more content.
- Static Page is used to add a name of the page.
- Page Slug will be part of the URL entered.
- Content is where the information can be added. When completed just tap on ‘Add Static Page’.
By default, a menu item titled “Skills” will appear in the main navigation. The default title for skills can be override. You can also add your own description, which will appear above your Skills Assessments. To restore to your organizational defaults, save with the Title and Description blank. Default skill descriptions can also be changed at the organization level. To do this speak with an Administrator.
When selecting on the My Profile, the profile page opens up. The top of the page shows your profile picture with the percentage of your profile complete. To the right of the profile, your name, location, height, weight and biography will be visible. Under the profile information a link to messages, Facebook, and twitter will appear by the corresponding icons.
The middle of the page starts with the user’s Goals. Goal information can be added with the red “Edit your profile” box on the top right of the page. The “Edit my profile” box provides the three-tab option of Overview, Subscription, and Setting.
- Overview provides option to write on your timeline. You and your academy members’ will also be visible. The list shows the most current activities, which you can scroll through by tapping on the next or previous bottoms. You can click on the links of the user. If you like any of those posts you can select the High Five options.
- Subscription shows your subscription information. ‘Your subscription’ will provide what kind of subscriptions your credit card will be charged automatically. If there are any free trail periods the user will automatically on the trail end. The ‘Period’ is the time your subscription is valid until. If you would like to change or update any information for your subscription. To Cancel subscription select on ‘cancel subscription’ button and select on ‘Update my profile’ button to complete process.
The Blast Connect now allows academy owners to add a credit card with which they can pay for new students in their academy. The option allows owners to collect single payments for portal services and cover the cost of the portal themselves. The credit card put on file will only be visible to the original owner who puts it there.
How to set up Master Credit Card –
- Under the Subscription tab, enter your credit card information
- If you would like to give other owners of the academy access to use this credit card to add students, click the check box next to “Share this card with other owners in this academy (Academy Name)”
- Click ADD MASTER CREDIT CARD
How to add students with Master Credit Card
- Once your card has been added, enter the menu bar in the top right hand of the Blast Connect page and then click Academy Members
- Click ADD MEMBER
- Enter the student’s information
- For Payment Source, select the nickname of the card you would like to charge for that student and select the subscription plan that you want to pay for (yearly/monthly) (see pictures below)
- Click ADD MEMBER
- The new student will receive an email asking them to register for a Blast Connect account.
- Have them enter their personal information and create a new password.
- The new student will go directly into Blast Connect without ever seeing the subscriptions page.
- Settings gives the option to have the welcome dashboard message on or off by tap on the box. Updating the passwords by entering the current password, new password, and re-entering the new password is also possible from Settings. At the bottom right of all the tabs is the “Update my profile” box. Selecting this box will update all changes made.
The messages show the list of sent and received messages with the read notification, date, and participants. The notification of a message will show the icon of messages as an orange circle with the number of message. To read the message, tap on the subject line hyper-link. Tap on the Red “New Message” Box to open a new message. Type the subject in the 1st line, write the body of the message in the second box. You can send a message to anyone in your connections. Either select on one user or multiple users by clicking on the box under the users’ name. To message everyone, tap on the “message everyone” box to have all name selected with a check mark. Tap on the red “Send Message” box to send message to users.
The calendar shows the current and past activities in a month, week, and day view. The calendar can also be filtered and viewed by members. The activities of the calendar:
- Practice (General)
- Practice Plan
Each Calendar event is a hyperlink that connects to the event to provide additional information and also is color coordinated.
When creating a new event, tap on the date of the event or select on the plus sign in the circle. Afterwards a pop up screen will show on screen with additional event options to setup. Start setting up the event with selecting the event type in the drop down menu. After selecting the type of event the dates and time can be added and if the event repeats and it frequency. At the bottom of the setup of the event you can invite people by Assigned Rosters or Assigned members. To complete the setup of the event just tap on the “Add Event” button at the bottom to complete the process and the event will show on the calendar on the date selected.
Connections are a list of people you are connected to from your academy. They will be able to message you, see your stats, library and progress. The middle of the page shows the list of connections called “Students.” The name of the user will show the joined dates and hyper-links to users profile, twitter, and messaging for the Blast Connect. You can add followers who are part of the academy and want to follow your progress. Tap on the list of members of your academy and find the user you want to add. Then select the red “Add Follower” box to add the user and a message will show on the top that the user has been added to your followers list.
Rosters show the list of the roster in your academy, click on the plus sign. You will be able to name the roster, give the roster a coach if you would like, and then add each player that you want to the roster. (If you add a coach for the roster, only his/her students will be allowed to that roster) From the three-dot menu on the top right each roster you will have the option to edit the roster, delete the roster and also change the viewing format.
Players can be added to more than one roster. Rosters can be selected when players can be:
- Scheduling on the calendar
- Assigning practices and workouts
- Sending direct messages
- Sharing videos
These process making managing teams much simpler and more efficient.
Form Builder is the home for any form in the system. The page includes the list of names of the forms and descriptions. Each form has a box to select on to ‘see responses’ and ‘answers’. The form builder also has a pencil icon to edit and a garbage can icon to delete the form. To add a new form select on the ‘Create Form’ box.
- The New Customer Form page gives the option for a Form Name, Short Name, Description, Questions and Menu Placement.
- The Add Question box gives a series of question to be answered from Type, Question, Instructions, Possible Answers, and Required. Once completed tap on the ‘Add question’ that will be placed into the form.
- The form has additional form settings. It controls who can answer the form, who can see the responses, require forms, and whether it shows the form on the timeline.
High Fives is a symbol of celebration to indicate that something good was said or done. The High Fives can be given on the Timeline by tapping on the icon on the right of every event.
Tapping on the logout removes the user out of the app. To return to the app use the username and password.
- The library stores your videos, photos, and documents. To add a file, drag a file onto this page or tap on the ‘Add to your library’ box. A file box will show on the screen.
- Select File (500MB maximum on file) and download box will show when the upload is completed.
- Add a file name to the file or keep the default.
- Description of the file.
- Add tags to find file easier.
- Select the connection you want to have the file or share with everyone by selecting on the box.
- When completed select on ‘Add file details’.
- To find video use the Filter. Filter from tags, file type, sharing and date range. When finished filtering the library, tap on ‘Filter Library’ box.
- Find the file you want to open by placing the curser over the magnify glass icon on the file or tapping on the file. The Chemical bottle icon opens up the Analyze, which provide the editing options of the video. (Google Chrome only.)
- Once the file is open, the name of the file is visible on top and the date of the file add is visible on the bottom. On the right bottom of file it shows the icons:
- Download – Download file to device.
- Analyze – Edits to the file.
- Fullscreen – View the file in Fullscreen
- Edit – Change File name, Descripts, Tag, and Shares.
- Delete – Deleting of file.
Comments can be added at the bottom of the picture by typing a message in the box and tapping on ‘Leave comment’ box.
Blast Softball Videos
- The uploading of videos from the Blast Softball is a simple process. Within the Blast Softball app, the user uploads their desired videos to his Blast Connect library from within the action by tapping on the share button.
- Videos must be uploaded one at a time.
- The option to upload the video is only available if.
- Blast Connect credentials have been successfully entered within the app.
- The video wasn’t already uploaded
- If upload is successful on Android a green icon will display and a red icon when it failed. On iOS (Apple) no icon are available at this time.
- Blast Softball videos are available to the user within the Blast Connect library for tagging, review, video analysis, etc. (Analyze > Library > Select Video)
- One-Click access to the metrics associated with the actions in the video.
- Provides the statistics from Practice Stats, and Workout Stats.
- Practice Stats shows the completed activities of the practice.
- Workout Stats show the completed activities of the workout. Workout gives a summary of Reps, Sets, Workouts Completed, and Workouts Assigned. A graph view shows the user workout actives from Mobility, Movement, Speed, Stability, and Strength. The workout history categories are broken into Equipment, Set, Reps, Weight, Temp, Rest, and Comments.
- View your Blast Metrics by connecting your Blast Softball app to Blast Connect. If your not connect select on the ‘Let’s get started’ hyperlink at the top of the page. When you’re connected you can view all of your strokes. Blast Connect can filter your metrics by Students, Swing Type, Equipment, and Time Frame; then tap ‘filter’ to get metrics.
- The middle of the page shows the swing averages for all the metrics. Below the swing average shows all the metrics and number of action from the metrics. The filtering option can reset the filter and refresh metrics by taping on option icon next to the filter.
- Below the swing averages, the individual swings with all the metrics are visible. If a video is available with the metrics the thumbnail will show, but if not, a default picture will show.
- For more information click on “Learn About These Metrics”. From that pop up page, you will have access to many other training center videos.
This feature can be found in the Blast Metrics (Analyze > Blast Metrics) on the right side of the screen. The team reports will show all the students that are assigned to the coach and the students stats for the last two weeks. The metrics will show in table view that is sortable and a search option. The team report gives an option to print the metrics. The alternative method to view team metrics is in connections / rosters where you can grab student metrics from just the individual roster. Giving another way to view player metric by different grouping.
* This feature need to be enabled by the Academy.
- Blast Motion Training Center videos will get you started by helping you understand your metrics, gain coaching insights, and learn how to improve your game.
Workouts & Practices
Owners, coaches and players can create and edit workouts by selecting TRAIN from the menu bar, then “Workouts & Practices” then click the “+” icon and choose to create either a Workout or Practice. Both the Workouts and Practices work the same way. Once you have chosen between the two, you must complete the details in the Workout or Practice like the title and optional media attachment. When you get to the Exercise section in Workouts or Drills section in Practices, you can click on the + to create new exercises and drills or add existing exercises or drills.
Once Workouts or Practices are created, coaches and owners can schedule and assign them to any of their students or rosters. Students can only assign workouts and practices to themselves to complete.
Assessments are skills challenges created by the owner and coaches of the academy. To manage and create new assessments, you can do so by clicking on “Advanced Options -> Manage Assessments”. In this page, owners have the ability to customize and create whatever assessments appropriate.
There are multiple ways to view the results of your assessments. To view the results of a single assessment, owners can do so by clicking on “View Results”. Owners can also click on “Advanced Options -> Team Report” and filter out the desired data.