REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Marketing
NOTE: WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR CONTRACTOR OR AGENCY WORK SO PLEASE DON’T USE THE APPLICATION PROCESS TO CONTACT US UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKNG FOR A FULL TIME POSITION AT BLAST MOTION.
ABOUT BLAST MOTION
Based in San Marcos, California, Blast Motion is an information company that provides motion analysis and performance insights. By intelligently combining the bio-mechanics of movement with sensor data, video capture technology, and cloud-based software services, Blast has redefined the way people coach, recruit, train, analyze, and improve their game.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Are you a sports professional that enjoys the hands-on aspects of video production? Are you passionate about sports tech and helping athletes improve their game? Do you have a competitive drive to win? Do you like shooting / editing video, managing people, contractors, and agencies? If so, Blast Motion could be the perfect fit. We’re seeking a highly skilled and creative Video Production Manager to lead all aspects of video production to ensure we have fresh, authentic, high-quality content available for social media, digital marketing, websites, retailers, partners, in-app training, etc. This job requires a creative, proactive self-starter who truly enjoys the hands-on aspects of video production, from scripting, filming and editing to the finishing touches that includes audio mixing, animations and special effects. In order to qualify for this position, a candidate must have a proven track record for delivering high quality media assets and they must be able to provide a portfolio of their own, personally created work.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating video content and managing all aspects of video production. (team / agencies)
- Responsible for leading video production process, from planning / scripting, filming, and editing in-house video production to managing all aspects of out-sourced, 3rd-party video production / contractors.
- Self-starter that will provide video production leadership and execution, aligned with corporate strategy, marketing plans, partner programs, and management-provided guidance.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to tell effective and cohesive stories visually, authentic to our sports and with clear calls to action.
- Ensure visual consistency, from overall brand and campaign-specific standpoints, across all B2C and B2B marketing touch points.
- Work with marketing team members, cross-functional teams, as well as external partners and vendors to ensure all work is on-brief and on-brand, and ultimately effective (according to KPI goals).
- Ability to concept and create designs, as well as quickly produce a large quantity of assets across a variety of channels/platforms, according to their respective specifications, with visual and messaging variations.
- Must be comfortable working and providing direction to ambassadors, social influencers, athletes, and large-scale / time sensitive video projects.
- Provide creative video / photo direction and/or create special effects / video case studies / commercials / social media / lead gen / digital marketing content, depending on scope / scale of a given video project.
- Manage post-production tasks, which includes reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, final editing, and uploading to video sharing platforms.
- Assist with managing, compressing, and delivering video projects and making video products available in a variety of digital formats, including broadcast ready video.
- Bring fresh ideas to the table that are in-line with Blast’s brand standards, innovative, industry-leading, and achievable.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Live in San Diego County. This role is currently expected to be a hybrid, splitting time between working remote and in the office, but ongoing meetings, content creation and other needs will require this role to be based near our headquarters in San Marcos, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications, with hands-on experience in video production.
- Sports enthusiast with 3+ years experience and general knowledge of rules, organizations, market opportunities, what ressonates with sport demographics from youth to college athlets, etc. This experience is essential to drive the creation of authentic content that is seen as relevant, interesting, and actionable.
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite – Adobe Premiere / After Effects and Photoshop / Illistrator, with an Understanding of typography, color and composition. Experience with Apple Final Cut & Motion a plus.
- Working knowledge of professional video production procedures, practices, techniques, and terminology.
- Expereince with studio production. This includes an understanding of multi-camera video shoots, cinematography, principles of analog and digital video capture.
- Experience working with audio recording equipment, lighting, and post-production equipment.
- Ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure / deliver on deadlines.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with other departments (customer service, sales, product mgt., etc) and agencies (PR/MR, creative, video, etc.) and coordinate social media activities for video projects.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Drone piloting and video experience, as well as an FAA drone pilots license.
- Experience operating higher-level production equipment including gimbals, sliders, scrims, etc.
- Photography skills optional but preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Location: San Marcos, CA.
- Normal remote / office conditions.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.